CPS Camp Number 108
Technical Agency: National Park Service
CPS Camp No. 108, a National Park Service camp located near Gatlinburg, Tennessee and operated by the American Friends Service Committee (AFSC), opened in June 1943. When the AFSC withdrew from the CPS Program in spring of 1946, Selective Service operated the camp until it closed in December 1946. Men in the unit fought fires, repaired trails, maintained roads as well as other duties. The men organized a School of Race Relations at the camp.