CPS Camp Number 076
Technical Agency: Forest Service
CPS Camp No. 76, a Forest Service camp located near Glendora, California opened in January 1943, continuing the work of CPS Camp No. 2, San Dimas Camp. American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) operated both camps until AFSC withdrew from CPS in April 1946. Selective Service operated the camp during its last months until it closed in December 1946. The men performed many kinds of work in multiple locations. They fought fires, conducted fire and soils studies, maintained recreational areas, planted trees, conducted a forest tree survey and filled a variety of staff roles.