CPS Camp Number 022
Technical Agency: Soil Conservation Service<
CPS Camp No. 22, a Soil Conservation Service base camp located at Henry, Illinois and operated by Mennonite Central Committee, opened in November 1941 and closed in November 1942, partly because of hostile attitudes toward conscientious objectors. The men built fences, stock ponds and performed a variety of soil erosion duties.