CPS Camp Number 141
Technical Agency: Public Health Service
CPS Unit No. 141, a Public Health Service unit located at Harrison County Health Department in Gulfport, Mississippi and operated by Mennonite Central Committee, opened in February 1945. The men worked in hookworm control and education, conducted health surveys and testing as well as built, sold and installed privies. At the conclusion of the CPS program, Mennonite Central Committee continued a Voluntary Service unit in the community.