CPS Camp Number 060

CPS Camp Number 060

Technical Agency: Bureau of Reclamation


CPS Camp No. 60, a Bureau of Reclamation base camp near Lapine, Oregon operated by the Mennonite Central Committee (MCC), opened in December 1942. The camp continued for a little more than one year, when Selective Service converted it to a government operated camp, CPS Camp No. 128, in January 1944. The men built a dam on the upper Deschutes River.


  • Location: Lapine, Oregon | Opened: December 1942 | Closed: January 1944