CPS Unit No. 104, an Agriculture Experiment Station unit at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa operated by the Friends Service Committee (AFSC), opened in May 1943. When AFSC withdrew from CPS in March 1946, Selective Service administered the unit until in closed in May 1946. The men operated a crop-breeding program, cultivating small plots of different crop strains, testing and comparing plots.
Technical Agency:Agriculture Experiment Station