CPS Camp Number 056
Technical Agency: Forest Service
CPS Camp No. 56, a Forest Service camp located very close to the ocean at Waldport, Oregon and operated by the Brethren Service Committee, opened in October 1942 and closed in April 1946. The men fought fires, worked to prevent them and maintained equipment, roads and trails. During 1943-44 the men created a School for Fine Arts.