CPS Camp Number 046
Technical Agency: Soil Conservation Service<
CPS Camp No. 46, a Soil Conservation Service base camp at Big Flats, New York operated by the American Friends Service Committee, opened in August 1942. When the American Friends Service Committee withdrew from CPS in April 1946, the Selective Service operated the camp until it closed in October 1946. The men worked to control soil erosion.