CPS Camp Number 004
Technical Agency: Soil Conservation Service<
CPS Camp No. 4, a Soil Conservation Service base camp was located three and a half miles east of Grottoes, Virginia just outside of Shenandoah National Park. Mennonite Central Committee opened the camp in May 1941and closed it in May 1946. CPS men cleared pasture lands, stabilized gullied banks and performed other work to halt soil erosion.