CPS Camp Number 028

CPS Camp Number 028

Technical Agency: Forest Service


CPS Camp No. 28, a Forest Service base camp located on the Jasper –Pulaski Game Preserve five miles north of Medaryville, Indiana, and operated by the Mennonite Central Committee, opened in April 1942 and closed in May 1946. The men planted trees in areas of strip mining and muddy farms.


  • Location: Medaryville, Indiana | Opened: April 1942 | Closed: May 1946