CPS Camp Number 153

CPS Camp Number 153

Technical Agency: Other


CPS Other, Unit No. [153], groups three units which operated in three different locations. The first subunit was listed as A. in Civilian Public Service Camps found on pages xii through xvii in the 1947 Directory of Civilian Public Service. The other two subunits, labeled as Alaska and Hawaii, likely treated as detached service, are found in the CPS directory records of the men assigned for service in those two then territories. For this website, all three subunits are designated with a single separate number [153], broken into separate subunits.


  • Location: Richmond, Indiana | Opened: June 1941 | Closed: July 1941